Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subscript out of range
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi,

I am having trouble retreiving and then updating data from an array.

Here is my problem:
I am trying to get data from a WebTable cell. The data is a date with format "6/11/10 4:35 AM". Now I will have to split this data to get the date value "6/11/10".
Since the value I have to use should be in format of mm/dd/yyyy format so for that i thought of splitting the first index and concatenating the yy value with "20". But thats when I get the error "Subscript out of range: 'sToDate'".

Here is the line of code that I am using:

Code:
sToDate = Split(Browser("ABC").Page("ABC").Frame("fraMgr").WebTable("Table").GetCellData(2, 1), " ")
sToDate(0) = Split(sToDate(0), "/")
sToDate(0,2) = "20" & sToDate(0,2)
The sToDate value is "6/11/10 4:35 AM"

I am getting error in the last line. I even tried checking the value of sToDate(0,2) element but got the same error.
When I saw the value in Watch window, it is perfectly showing me it's value as "10". Attaching screenshot for the same.

PS - My problem is not getting the date in desired format as i know that can be done using CDate function. And in fact i have already done that. But I am not able to understand why I am getting the error for above logic. So this is just to solve my curiosity Smile.

Attached Files
.doc   Array Split.doc (Size: 115.5 KB / Downloads: 90)
Split function will return only zero based one dimensional array. But in 3rd line you are trying to assign the value to a two dimensional array. You can try the following:

Code:
sToDate = Split("6/11/10 4:35 AM", " ")
MsgBox sToDate(0)
sToDate(0) = Split(sToDate(0), "/")
MsgBox sToDate(0)(2)
sToDate(0)(2) = "20" & sToDate(0)(2)
MsgBox sToDate(0)(2)
Guin, Thanks a lot for clarification, this works.

Actually I was trying the two dimensional array because in Watch window I saw the notation QTP used for that element of array which is like "sToDate(0,2)" (this you can see in the attached doc as well).
As an alternative you can use the built in date functions.
Code:
mydate = "6/12/10 10:23 AM"
mymonth = Month(mydate)
myday = Day(mydate)
myyear = Year(mydate)

msgbox "Month: " & mymonth &vbcrlf & "Day: " & myday & vbcrlf &  "Year: " & myyear

No need for multidimensional arrays then.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to count a repeated number in number in particular range gollsrin 1 3,412 04-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Saket