Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terminal Emulator
Not Solved
Hi,

My company have recently introduced qtp and I have been playing around with it for some time now. We only recently bought the full licence and the terminal emulator add-in.

qtp works fine with inputting the keystrokes but I'm having trouble in getting output values from the emulator. I have managed to get a protected warning for the value I want.

Any ideas?

Is there any good terminal emulator tutorials out there? I've looked around and most seem to be on the initial set up rather than on the test itself and the capturing of data.

I'm due to attend the hp training courses at the end of the month but I doubt it will go into this level of detail.

Thanks,
qtp_n00b
Not Solved Wink 
Hi qtp_n00b,

Try this:

Open the Terminal Emulator-> Open QTP ->
Open Settings -> Select TE Tab -> Run the Wizard (to identify screen) -> Now start recording...

Please let me know if the issue still exist.

Smile
Not Solved
Hi A.Saini,

Thanks for your reply. It will run with the IBM emulator fine and I managed to config the wizard correctly. However when I right click on the active screen in QTP and select output value, the value I want to store to my datasheet is protected and at runtime I get an error.

Is there a way around this? Here is the line that it recorded when I initially ran though.

Code:
TeWindow("TeWindow").TeScreen("UN534 HOUSEHOLD PR").TeField("1(protected)").Output CheckPoint("1(protected)")

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Create Terminal as object dapeamel 0 2,953 02-16-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: dapeamel
  Terminal Emulator qtpirfan701 0 3,578 03-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Last Post: qtpirfan701
Question Outside View Terminal Emulator testing joncfrazier 0 3,187 12-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Last Post: joncfrazier
  Terminal emulator addin for QTP 11 karthik venkatraman 3 7,715 12-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Last Post: udayanem
  Terminal Emulator Problem while recording IBM Host On Demand mainframe screen sudheergpalli 0 4,972 07-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Last Post: sudheergpalli