Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test is opened by user 'me' on machine'x'
Not Solved
XP
qtp10
IE8
We have QTP on our company server. Only one other user has gone out thus far to see it. I have primarily been the only user thus far.

Due to some installation efforts-from my trail version-I've been building Tests on the Server copy. Today issues with my remote machine have been resolved and I've wanted to see if the saved tests work there as well. Great news! Everything as expected!

Except, I need to make a change to one of the actions-and the remote machine said I was 'READ ONLY". Yet when I return to the server to try to make the change (after signing out). It still tells me 'opened by another user and wants me in 'read only. How can I release that hold?

My reference to remote machine is that pshyically -that machine is ON-SITE. I work from another location; but can log into both separatly
XP
qtp10
IE8
We have QTP on our company server. Only one other user has gone out thus far to see it. I have primarily been the only user thus far.

Due to some installation efforts-from my trail version-I've been building Tests on the Server copy. Today issues with my remote machine have been resolved and I've wanted to see if the saved tests work there as well. Great news! Everything as expected!

Except, I need to make a change to one of the actions-and the remote machine said I was 'READ ONLY". Yet when I return to the server to try to make the change (after signing out). It still tells me 'opened by another user and wants me in 'read only. How can I release that hold?

My reference to remote machine is that pshyically -that machine is ON-SITE. I work from another location; but can log into both separatly

How do I release that hold?
XP
qtp10
IE8

How do I release that hold?
[/quote]

-------------------------------------------------------

NEVERMIND-USER ERROR-I was attempting to open the wrong Test location RolleyesRolleyes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could not create Java virtual machine TangShake 2 8,426 10-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Last Post: walshmagger
  How to get input from the user in QTP? shanthiK 10 18,102 08-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  machine lock unlock uft_usr 0 1,639 06-21-2016, 09:52 PM
Last Post: uft_usr
  [UFT] Close opened folder robertosalemi 1 3,162 02-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  Error while saving an already opened Excel TurtleRock 1 3,278 08-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Last Post: dplank