Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test will not run on second screen
Not Solved
Hi All,
I am a beginner and I just started learining QTP on my own. The application I want to automate has a couple of screens.
For the first screen I made repositories and actions to perform.
For the second screen I did the same.
Then I recorded the steps for both screens in one test.

When I run my test it stops after performing on the first screen. It switches to the second screen and opens it, just like I recorded, but it will not fill the screen with the information I entered while I was recording. QTP then stops running.
The test is not complete and the test results summary is marked as passed.

When I perform only the second part of the test, which is the next screen to be opened, an error occurs with following message:
The test run cannot continue due to an unrecoverable error. Cannot find the "0grid" object's parent "Window" (class Window). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application. Line (1): "Window("PersMaster Hoofdscherm").Activate".

Do any of you have any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for answering.

Mary

Attached Files
.doc   Error msg Test stops running.doc (Size: 52 KB / Downloads: 54)
Not Solved
The object Window properties have changed between the two run. or the parent doesn't exist in Object Repository.

I would suggest you to get yourself a QuickTest training, it will surely help you with such questions. Not that we don't encourage people to ask beginner level questions here but I'm sure with the help of a training you can get up to speed fast.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  active screen in uft one koslender 0 1,188 12-01-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: koslender
  Send automatic email notification when test run started helmzshelmz 0 916 04-03-2020, 07:54 AM
Last Post: helmzshelmz
  Find a value in SAPGUILabel Screen jimgral 0 2,969 07-14-2016, 01:46 PM
Last Post: jimgral
  Error while opening test run results vkalyankar 3 3,983 11-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Hyperlink click is not automated in UFT 11.5 test run prinju 1 2,616 11-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Last Post: vinod123