Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Text CheckPoint Or Output CheckPoint
Not Solved Question 
Hi I want to insert Text / Output CheckPoint on the PDF page and want to get the value from Text Area. After getting that value want to Store it in Variable for further comparision.

The Code Just for Ex:

Code:
Dim CheckVal

CheckVal = Browser("XXX").ActiveX("Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Browser").WinObject("PageView").Check CheckPoint("PageView_1")

msgbox CheckVal

--> the above code is not working for me.

--> Can anyone suggest any code or idea about that.

--> Clearly speaking, want to get value from Text Checkpoint and want to Store it in Variable and then in message box want to display the value.

Thanks
Smile
Not Solved
Way1:If you r taking check point on a required field
try using GetROproperty("")
before using this below code check in which property text is stored by right click on check point.it may be value or text or some other property.put accordingly in double quotes of GetROproperty.
Code:
a=Browser("XXX").ActiveX("Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Browser").WinObject("PageView").GetROproperty("text")
msgbox a

way 2:if u r taking output check point
the value will be stored in global sheet.So take note of colum name and display like this

Code:
Browser("XXX").ActiveX("Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Browser").WinObject("PageView").Output CheckPoint("PageView_1")
CheckVal=DataTable("columnname",dtGlobalSheet)
msgbox CheckVal
Not Solved Smile 
Thanks Kavitha

The code for Output checkpoint is working good for me. Right now it store the values in Datatable only during RunTime...

So now i would like to write the code for how to get and store the RunTime value in variable.

Actually i want test the difference between two PDF's (as having little difference) And want to check that both are Same or have any differences.

So my planning for that is:
(1) First i would like to store PDF1 value in one variable (ex A)
(2) Then will open Second PDF and will get the value and store it in varaiable (ex B)

then want to test A = B Or A <> B

Please suggest if you have any idea regarding this plan and if you already have code for that (getting RunTime data into variable, if possible?) then please send....

Thanks
Shrini

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  table output values shipu 1 2,248 01-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Read text from text file and save it into a variable in qtp arpan 3 12,119 06-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Last Post: arpan
  Need to compare two text files - ignoring some text nelly27281 2 4,376 09-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Last Post: freeboynil
  output check point sdazad 11 10,187 11-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Ankesh
  it is possible import from excel to table with expected data of checkpoint database i sarcastic 0 2,194 08-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Last Post: sarcastic