Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFT Hangs on certain steps
Not Solved
Hi, and thanks in advance for reading.

I've been trying to figure this one out for days now but every time I think I've fixed it it suddenly comes back the next day or two later. I'm working on a dynamic page with lots of moving parts, but none of them are dynamically created, they're all created on page load.

Basically, I need to click on a checkbox inside a table that comes up after a search. I've been able to do this no problem with other tables formatted exactly the same way, but for some reason on this one UFT will hang for about 15 seconds, before clicking on the checkbox and moving on to the next step. I've seen this problem in other posts, and just like those say, if I pause the test it moves immediately to the next step. I don't want to have to pause the script every time though, because I'm working with a lot of iterations.

Noteworthy I guess is that if I try to find the object with a description, the step will fail. I've tried changing the ordinal identifier for the browser to "none", which was cited as a solution on another topic. This worked for a day, and then the problem came back. I always keep only one tab on one browser open. I've turned off smart identification, which I also heard would help, but it made no difference I could see. I've also tried accessing the object through the table that it's contained in, with ChildElement. That one works, but is also not any faster.

Since I can't find or think of anything else to try, I would really appreciate any advice I can get.

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is Reporter ignoring the status of steps? dlaureano 3 3,411 06-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Jay
  Same code on running with UFT11.5 gets slow and browser hangs but works fine inQTP11 Rashi 1 2,406 03-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP hangs when adding object to the object repository sathya2kn 1 3,249 12-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Last Post: krr
  Optional Steps : ketan.barbade@gmail.com 0 2,828 09-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Last Post: ketan.barbade@gmail.com