Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFT Tool support with Descriptive programming
Solved: 5 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi All ,

Am learning Descriptive programming with UFT tool so can someone suggest  me where am going wrong.

Iam trying to run the below code to open the gmail page with sign in option , but every time i run ending up with the attached error below .

Can you please help me out here and thanks for taking time and reading my thread.

code:

==============

systemutil.Run"C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe","www.gmail.com/"

Browser("Creationtime:=0").Page("Gmail - Gmail - Free Storage and Email from Google").Link("text:=Sign In").Click

==================

Attached Files Image(s)

Solved: 5 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
You are committing a basic mistake that most newbies to Descriptive Programming do.

Once you write DP for a given object, you have to write DP for all the child objects in the chain. You wrote the browser object in DP, then switched to Page object in non-DP which is the issue. 

Check this  Guide on Descriptive Programming.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dynamic descriptive Programming issue in Terminal Emulator cprasad 1 1,722 04-25-2019, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT Descriptive Programming objects not identified in a secure & private intranet env bugfinder2 1 1,653 06-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  UFT descriptive programming Browser("creationtime:=-1") not always working SOUMYADEEP 0 2,885 01-20-2017, 01:53 AM
Last Post: SOUMYADEEP
  Inserting variable values into Descriptive Programming Functions eske99 2 3,140 12-18-2015, 01:47 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Using static descriptive programming how to count no. of objects on any webpage alpha1 4 6,709 08-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Last Post: kotaramamohana