Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Click on Excel Dialog
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hello,
I am opening an excel and changing a value. When I change the value I get a dialog box(based on validations)

Code
Code:
Set objWorksheet1 = objWorkbook.Worksheets(2)
objWorksheet1.Cells(3,2) = "Oak"
Window("BM_269.xlsm").Dialog("Microsoft Excel").WinButton("OK").Click

The dialog box has focus but QTP is unable to click on the OK button. It doesn’t know the dialog exists. After I click OK manually everything runs fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Raj

Attached Files Image(s)

the object in the repository is not unique enough to be identified, so you either need to add a unique property value like text to the object or use DP to identify it like this

Code:
Window("BM_269.xlsm").Dialog("Microsoft Excel").WinButton("text:=OK").Click

That should do it.
Thanks for the response. The button is unique, that is the only button in the entire script. I think there is something happening with the macros, that is preventing QTP to get control.
If the Object Repsitory can "find the object" correctly, then I agree there is another reason. Can't imagine a Macro interfering with QTP clicking a button, but anything is possible.
Raj -
Check this Post it helps you.

Let us know the outcome.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks for the suggestion. That is a good approch.
That did not work for me. I will have to check with the developer to find out whats happening behind the scene.
Hi Raj,
there are two ways:

First use Descriptive Progarmming to select the Dialog.
Or go to object repository an delete the test object details with name "is owned window" and "is child window" for the dialog.

ralf

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how can i click a macro button in excel using vbscript arpan 1 3,588 10-03-2017, 06:27 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Unable to click on the WebButton with specified Index srach84 2 4,057 03-31-2015, 04:36 AM
Last Post: srach84
  Unable to click on WebButton in WebTable srach84 1 2,898 02-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: arpan
  Unable to click on moving text in a website Akhila 4 3,791 07-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Last Post: tanyamrz
  unable to click webelement by holding shift key tanyamrz 1 3,356 09-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Last Post: kcn