Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to find a unique property
Not Solved
hi ankur..

I have a doubt in descriptive programming. I am not able to find a unique property for an object. That is when i click on an image a pop-up-layer appears. Now i have to validate that layer. Spy shows that the layer is a webelement. Its inside a frame.But that layer exists even before i click on that image. So if i run my script without clicking on that image my test will pass. So the script will pass even if the layer doesnt pop up. So i need to find a unique property for that layer which changes before and after clicking on that image. i tried with color property. That is also same before clicking and after clicking that image. Visibility property is set true for that layer. Please help me out.
Not Solved
if i get it right..
you can include "name" /name like property to the pop up.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Saranya, could you post the ObjectSpy snapshot with all of the layer's properties?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to identify dynamic webtable as unique in QTP? sudheendramurthy 4 18,071 02-23-2016, 06:16 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to find out the object property in the Description language . njnirmal 9 6,244 05-19-2015, 12:30 AM
Last Post: qtptester66523
  Can I use html id as an unique identifier for all the components in a web page qtplearner88 8 7,923 05-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Last Post: falvi
  Unable to select an item from weblist and unable to enter text in edit box estherindu 5 9,134 05-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Last Post: viswa
  Unique Browser identification mca.tarun 6 5,345 12-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Last Post: sunil.kaggarwal