Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unable to identify WebEdit Obj
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Exclamation 
Hi Everyone. I am getting the following error: "Cannot identify the object "[ WebEdit ]" (of class WebEdit). Verify that this object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application."

This code works perfectly fine EXCEPT when webeditname = some value with parenthesis in them. For Ex: Key_Name_(Last)_1
This code is able to identify that the object's name exists in the spreadsheet (1st row), in this case Key_Name_(Last)_1, however, when it enters the IF statement and tries to .Set the value taken from the spreadsheet (2nd row) I get the error. Any ideas??

The piece of code I'm having trouble with is below:

Code:
For i = startpoint To co.Count-1
  If LCase(Trim(co(i).GetROProperty("micclass"))) = LCase(Trim("webedit")) And LCase(Trim(co(i).GetROProperty("type"))) = LCase(Trim("text")) Then
        For n = 1 To totalcol
            If  LCase(Trim(co(i).GetROProperty("name"))) = LCase(Trim(spsh.Worksheets(1).Cells(1, n).Value)) Then
                webeditname = spsh.Worksheets(1).Cells(1, n).Value
                Trim(webeditname)
                webeditname = Trim(webeditname)
                webeditvalue = spsh.Worksheets(1).Cells(2, n).Value

'MsgBox webeditname
                'MsgBox webeditvalue
                Window("APP").Window("eForm").Page("title:=" & pagename).WebEdit("name:=" & webeditname).Set  webeditvalue
                Exit For
            End If  
        Next
    End If

please disregard the two lines as i was trying different solutions and forgot to edit them out. thanks.

Trim(webeditname)
webeditname = Trim(webeditname)
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
hi..
try "Key_Name_\(Last\)_1" as webedit name in ur data sheet
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
worked perfectly! thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to identify multilevel headers of JTable dharanikesav 0 1,331 01-16-2017, 07:09 PM
Last Post: dharanikesav
  Dynamic obj rep - get text in the class (html) marcio cravo moreira 0 2,037 05-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Last Post: marcio cravo moreira
  Unable to identify immediate parent in hierarchy martinshort 0 2,551 11-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Last Post: martinshort
  Unable to identify unque properties of chrome browser tanyamrz 5 4,582 05-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Last Post: pradeep singh
  QTP Unable to identify one of the Link when I script in DP RameshKrishnan 1 2,684 05-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Last Post: falvi