Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to identify an item in a combobox
Not Solved
Hai,
I have a combo box and have to choose an item from the list of items displaying. I have my description as mentioned below. I basically achieve this by clicking on back on the webedit box and the entire list of items gets displayed in a drop down format. I give the no. of times down arrow key has to be pressed. This is how my code is, but its very inconsistent that the correct item is picked so Im trying description as below but i get object not found error.

Code:
Browser("Login").Page("Login").Image("Search_XPSilver").FireEvent "onmouseover"
Browser("Login").Page("Login").Image("Search_XPSilver").Click

Set oDesc = Description.Create()
oDesc("micclass").value = "WebElement"
oDesc("class").value = "ctl00MainContentctl00ActiveWidgetctl451-LayoutSettings-ColumnStyle"
oDesc("innertext").value = "Accountant 1"

I attached the s.shot of the obj spy.

Attached Files
.doc   hp.doc (Size: 38.5 KB / Downloads: 69)
Not Solved
Hi , Try this

1. include the list item in your OR and then do Webelement("item").Click to select that item .. This is because you will find that the list items are also Webelements

2. OR try this

Webelement ("innertext:= item" , " index:= 0")

item is the name of the item on the list and index should be filled depending on the item that you need , either 0 or 1 or 2

Sonia
Not Solved
Hai Sonia,
Thanks a lot for your reply...
I had tried both your ways before giving a dynamic description... Couldnt get thru... Just so you know, I could get thru sparingly say 40% of the time.. i want to make it consistent. If you think of any answers pls let me know. Thanks again for taking time to reply.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to identify multilevel headers of JTable dharanikesav 0 1,336 01-16-2017, 07:09 PM
Last Post: dharanikesav
  How to select item within WebMenu learnasugo 4 7,708 10-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Last Post: learnasugo
Sad Getting Junk value in Combobox. Pratik30d 0 1,511 02-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Pratik30d
  Unable to identify immediate parent in hierarchy martinshort 0 2,558 11-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Last Post: martinshort
  Unable to identify unque properties of chrome browser tanyamrz 5 4,592 05-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Last Post: pradeep singh