Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to identify the web button.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi all,
Basically it is a web application,When we enter a Customer Name,Register no into the edit Box,then the "Next" button will be Enabled. Before entering the name and register no into the edit boxes,"Next" button will be disabled.

My problem is, this is Working properly while iam trying it Manually, but whiel Automating it shows problem at "Next" button. Showing error message "Next" button is disabled.But i checked "Next" button properties in the Object repository,and compared with Object spy. All are same properties.

I inserted Standard checkpoint,GetRoproperties and GetToproperties. I could see the snapshot of the "Next" button,which is enabled. But i could not get enable when i run the script.

Can any one help me on this.

Thanks
You can refer the thread Button is not getting enabled
See if it helps you.

Hi,

Saket,
Thanks for your help. I solved my issue by seeing your way.
But iam facing another problem that is, iam trying to pass a value in an webedit box. Now to pass a value in an edit box i have to check a webelement, for example if the webelement will display the records which is relevent to the given value in the webeditbox.

Here am trying to select the row from the webelement, but i am not able to select exact webelement from the existing rows. But for one value in the webeditbox is executing successfully.

When I parameterised the webeditbox but i could not parameterise the webelement,because when i select exact webelement from the existing rows, it is displaying the same record for every value where i given in webeditbox.
I checked the OR there webelement is placed by perticular selected value.
Code is

Code:
Browser("Combined website testing").Page("Combined website testing").Link("Login as intermediary").Click
Browser("Combined website testing").Dialog("Explorer User Prompt").WinEdit("Enter an intermediary").Set "101010"
Browser("Combined website testing").Dialog("Explorer User Prompt").WinButton("OK").Click
Browser("Combined website testing").Dialog("Windows Internet Explorer").WinButton("OK").Click
Browser("Combined website testing").Page("Page").Frame("menu").Link("Investment hub").Click
Browser("Client maintenance -selection").Page("Client maintenance -selection").WebElement("Quote").FireEvent("ONMOUSEOVER")
Browser("Client maintenance -selection").Page("Client maintenance -selection").WebElement("Create new quote").Click
Browser("Investment Hub").Page("Investment Hub").Frame("Frame").WebRadioGroup("ctl00$PageContent$Clients").Select "rbExistingClients"
Browser("Investment Hub").Page("Investment Hub").Frame("Frame_2").WebEdit("WebEdit").Set "ANTHONY"
Browser("Investment Hub").Page("Investment Hub").Frame("Frame_2").WebElement("ANTHONY").Click
Browser("Investment Hub").Page("Investment Hub").Frame("Frame_2").WebButton("Next >>").Click

Can you please suggest me what i need to do.

Regards
Laxmi
Hi Laxmi,
You should always create a new thread for your new query.
also wrap your code with proper tags. Refer Posting Guidelines.

For answer to your question
as you explained and If I am getting it right the text of webelement is changing as you set the web edit, You can use Descriptive programming in your code to identify the webElement.
try to modify your code with below statements
Code:
sText = DataTable("Name","dtLocalSheet") ' parameterized
Browser("Investment Hub").Page("Investment Hub").Frame("Frame_2").WebEdit("WebEdit").Set sText
Browser("Investment Hub").Page("Investment Hub").Frame("Frame_2").WebElement("innertext:=" & sText).Click

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT unable to identify Java app objects consistently lester 1 1,787 07-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  How to identify SVG elements from web application Sanjana1987 0 1,802 02-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sanjana1987
  Unable to Identify Firefox Dialog rsrohit55 0 2,197 05-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: rsrohit55
  Unable to identify "Authentication Required" Dialog shaunysj 2 2,914 08-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  QTP 11 Flex 4.5 Unable to Identify Objects krishiyers 1 3,591 12-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Last Post: vds.vipul