Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to select value on weblist
Not Solved
Hi All,

I am working on web based application.
In one of the page, there 5 to 6 weblist controls.
I want to select one of the value from that weblist.
When i tried to add them to the Object repository, QTP identifies that weblist as the combination of webelement and webedit.
The dropdown arrow as webelement and remaining part as webedit.

I also tried to add using Object Spy, still facing the same issue.

Can you please tell me how to select a value from the weblist?
If it is possible using descriptive programming then please provide me the code.
Not Solved
I would consider giving you a code on your application next only to impossible. Here is what i can help you with,

If it is identifying as a webedit, you may try to Set the value which you want to select via weblist. Thats the easiest.

If you want to simulate a dropdown and select, then you may want to click on the Webelement and then check what is the dropdown object as. Depending, spy on the object and identify which properties contain the item identifier and based on that you may select the required item.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi,

If i try to Set the value which you i want to select via weblist, then the qtp is throwing error message because there is no such object as weblist in the application

I tried to click on the webelement, but its not working.
Kindly suggest me the solution.
Not Solved
Please attach the spyshot of the object and the code you have tried.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WEBLIST shayk1985 3 5,280 05-17-2018, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  Weblist selection diya 11 20,547 06-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Last Post: rajpradeep32
  Comparing webtable data with weblist and webelements in other webpage arnav 1 5,597 04-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Parke
  Not able to select weblist value automation2012 2 3,252 09-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  Unable to select a combo item by value or index martinshort 2 3,177 08-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Last Post: sudhirzpatil