Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update Multiple Dropdowns without Submit Button
Not Solved
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to accomplish a task where I have multiple Dropdown menus on a form. Say I have Dropdown1 and Dropdown2. I would like for Dropdown2's values to change based upon the selection of the values in Dropdown1. Now, I know this is relatively trivial with a button click event. However, I would like to accomplish this without any button click and just have Dropdown2 update values based upon what the user has selected in Dropdown1.

I have thought about one approach, and I not sure if this is correct. I am still relatively new to QTP and VBScripting (I've only been working in it for 1 whole day but I have a lot of programming experience). I read I could use the .Show command and then have a loop checking the values of Dropdown1 until ultimately the user clicks the submit button at the bottom which will bring up a new section on the form. I am not sure if there is another way or if someone has already accomplished something along these lines. I appreciate any suggestions, thanks!
Not Solved
You can capture values with QTP, you can select options in drop-down in QTP but QTP is a functional testing tool and is not used to change the behavior of your app.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is VBScripting disabled in Office 365 update? soumyarani 0 1,249 12-19-2020, 12:37 PM
Last Post: soumyarani
  Unable to select Multiple OracleTextFields by Holding Ctrl Button Raghava M 0 1,774 07-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Raghava M
  submit web services without using add in luckyexpert 0 1,537 08-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Last Post: luckyexpert
  Update a value in excel sheet during runtime & use the value later in the same script SweetyChowdhury 3 5,046 09-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Last Post: souvikghosh_diatm
  Unable to Update QC from QTP leninraj 1 3,220 09-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Last Post: leninraj