Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update from Local repository
Not Solved
Hi Ankur,

I am new to QTP. I am trying "update from local repository" feature.
i have a shared repository for which i am trying to update from local repository. i got an error message
" The test was not added to the list because it doesnot contain any actions that are associated with this object repository or their local object repositories are empty".
But my local object repository is not empty. Can you suggest where i went wrong? I read few blogs in which "exporting the local objects" will solve, but when i import the local objects , it will not be merged into the same shared repository created earlier. Please suggest me what is the road ahead?

Thanks in advance,
Deepti
Not Solved
Hi Deepti,

please check the below link

http://www.articlesontesting.com/2010/10...-from.html

Not Solved
Hi Swathi,

The link which you have specified above, merges local objects to shared repository only when Quality center is associated with it. In my case QC is not associated with QTP. I even tried to export the local object repository and then importing it. still it is not updating local objects to shared. Please reply

Thanks,
Deepti
Not Solved

The link which you have specified above, merges local objects to shared repository only when Quality center is associated with it.

if the test is stored in QC, it will not affect how we should update from local reposity. That is what i understand.

Note: You can only add a component whose application area is associated with the shared object repository you are updating and whose local object repository contains objects.
Not Solved
hi,

i am sorry to say, i dint get the solution.. can anyone else help on this

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OpenNewTab stopped working on IE after unknown windows update M851533 0 990 07-19-2018, 08:36 AM
Last Post: M851533
  Local System Monitor kbhargava505 0 2,422 10-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Last Post: kbhargava505
  How to Create and use local repository Sourabh146 2 2,376 01-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Last Post: jacosta
  How to open html file and update values in particular cell of a table in QTP? yogesh kancherla 2 5,922 10-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Last Post: yogesh kancherla
  QTP is not adding object to local repository harish_qtp 1 2,738 06-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Last Post: harish_qtp