Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using QTP to automate desktop VB application
Not Solved
Hi

I have been tasked to automate a VB based desktop application. It is basically a product with over 2 million LoC. The product also contains third party components, some of which are not recognized by QTP. The application has screens using grids and QTP fails to recognize the data / columns in the grid.

Kindly advise me on the following:

* Can we successfully automate VB based desktop application using QTP?
* Also, kindly advise on any issues encountered while automating a VB based desktop application.

-- The reason I ask this is because some of the pros have advised us against using QTP, as it seems to have inherent problems while recognizing the objects on desktop applications. I understand that the VB script was primarily designed to support the web based products.

Furthermore, the application also has moving code, meaning the functionalities change from release to release (every quarter).

* Would automating such an application - with least maintainence, be possible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to deploy a desktop application to a physical server using Azure Pipelines? raivivan 0 918 04-08-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: raivivan
  "How to automate SAP Applications using QTP" suresz449 9 22,590 09-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Shiva Kumar
  Automate BMC Control M applications using QTP Saranyaciet2 0 2,625 05-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Saranyaciet2
  Can we automate Forte UDS applications using QTP? premanand1979 0 1,994 09-18-2014, 01:58 AM
Last Post: premanand1979
  How to automate IVR(interactive voice response) using QTP akhandesh 0 3,101 06-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Last Post: akhandesh