Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Validating XML from browser request
Not Solved
Hi -

I'm recording an action on an HTML page. It's a form where I attempt to download a document. I fill in document name and click 'submit'.

The page refreshes and returns XML. I'd like to automatically validate the response but don't know how.

The response looks like this:

Code:
<status>
  <statusCode>-1</statusCode>
  <statusMessage>OK</statusMessage>
  <rootCauseMessage>You need to be logged in to access this functionality</rootCauseMessage>
  </status>

I'm using QTP 11. I have my action and then two items in it:

1. The Browser. It has the docName and the submit items.
2. The Browser. It waits for the browser to complete the current navigation.

I've attached an image of my workspace.

I'm a real newbie and just figuring things out. I'm guessing I should use an XML checkpoint but the videos I've seen don't go into much detail.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you for any helpful tips.

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sending json file request and validating response in soap UI tool using Groovy script smiley 0 3,648 07-19-2017, 04:58 PM
Last Post: smiley
  error object disabled on line 9 where it says " Browser("Browser").CloseAllTabs" kp_usa 1 3,085 12-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Last Post: adityapant27
  My IE Browser Recognizing as Window instead of Browser. sivakrishna 4 8,679 02-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  Clicking an item in the context menu opens up browser(IE6) but in same browser of QC pjavvaru 2 4,229 04-10-2010, 02:16 AM
Last Post: jsknight1969
  Validating the data in a run-time datatable wheelercha 1 2,385 01-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Saket