Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Often I see this Run Error message
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Question 
Hi ALL

I am new to the QTP tool. I just started using the tool. Here is my serious problem.

I tried recording one desktop application. I always see a Run Error message:
"Cannot identify the object "WindowsForms10.ToolbarWindow32_2" (of clasee WinObject). Verify that this objects's properties match an object currently displayed in your application." while debugging.

I se this error message very often, donno what could be the reason. But this is where I am forced to stop my testing every time.

Could anyone of you solve this problem of mine.

Much Appreciated,

Swetha
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi Swetha ,
The problem that you are getting problem with the oracle applicaiton .i am not able to understand the porblem .
if you are getting error with the recording just try F3 and F12 commands to write the scritp .
Press F3 then check the object that you need to perofrm the testing and F3 alternatively write the script p
let me know still you get any issues

Knowledge is ocean any one can join the ocean
Check whether qtp is imnstalled perfectly in your systrem
Hi siri,

Thanks for your immediate response.

The application which I am testing is not an Oracle application, its developed on C# and uses SQL server as backend.

This error appears when I debug or run the script after recording not while recording.

I tried installing QTP again, but still the problem persists Sad . BTW I use QTP 9.2.

If this could be my QTP installation problem then QTP sample application 'flight' should also show the same error right? but this seems to be running fine without throwing any error.

Could you solve this issue ASAP.

Regards,
Swetha

BTW: Some how there is a problem attaching my FBR file here in the post, it is not accepting.
Hi,

Since I didnot see any replies to my issue mean while I have recorded the same application using Object repository-Objects-Add objects to Local.

I have used this 'Add objects to Local' to add new objects to the repository. But it is very time consuming to add each step in the object repository and run.

Is there any other alternative way to record my application?

Please do reply to my post.

Thanks.
Swetha
Make sure you have the proper set-up before recording. All the required QTP add-ins should be in place corresponding to the AUT
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Thanks Ankur for the response.

These are the default Addins I select to load for my application to test:
Active X and Visual Basic.

My application runs on .NET. How do I download .NET Addins.

Regards,
Swetha
hmmm...so there is your problem ...download the .Net add-in. Go to my blog home page...find the QTP download link
Hi Ankur,

Thanks for the response

Here is the link from where I downloaded the 'Quick test Addins'.

'http://updates.merc-int.com/qualitycenter/qc90/mictools/qtp/index.html'

I have installed it, but problem still seems to be the same.

Do I have to upgrade/Reinstall my QTP or its enough if I simply download Addins (specially .NET Addins).

I tried checking at your blog home page, I did not find Addins download link. So I have to use the link mentioned above.

Could you please provide me any link to download .NEt Addins?

Thanks Again Smile

Regards,
Swetha
Download link is very much there on the homepage itself on the right side... here I am providing it again for your help... https://h10078.www1.hp.com/cda/hpdc/disp...4012_100__

No need to reinstall QTP while installing a new add-in.

Please do some basic search before asking further questions.I am closing this thread now!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to send/pass UFT Run Error Dialog as output value to main driver script lravi4u 0 328 11-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: lravi4u
  Help for instruction to click on Skip button in the warning message vijilesh 0 1,364 09-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Last Post: vijilesh
  How to identify an error page occurring in server in between the qtp run. aswini 1 1,639 05-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Error while opening test run results vkalyankar 3 3,990 11-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  recovery scenario for closing a message box itself ashima 0 2,129 12-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ashima