Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very confused on how to deal with run errors
Not Solved
I'm new to QTP and trying to muddle through some vbs test scripts that I inherited from my predecessor. Most of them stopped running since I took over and I'm not understanding why run errors are occurring. I have UFT 11.53, set my browser to 100%, I'm admin on my computer, IE9 with compatibility mode off, and all other requirements are met per the application's requirements.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction for my questions below. I can't find these answers anywhere, and I'm very frustrated.

These are questions on what to do when a test fails with a run error. Most of the errors are Object not found errors which I have trouble fixing. I have a basic understanding on how to use the software. I completed the included GUI tutorial, but of course they did not make it difficult by throwing in situations where errors would occur and how to fix them :/

1. How can I "Update from application" when I'm in debug mode? I think this would be the best way to fix what needs to be fixed and to send me on my way. If it can't be done in debug mode, then how?

2. Is it possible to completely empty and populate a repository when UFT identifies object errors?
a. What's the easiest way to identify the offending repository that is causing the error?
b. Is there any side effects I should be aware of if I do rebuild a repository? For example, what if other scripts use the same repository? Is there a chance they will break now that I made changes to it?

3. On the above, UFT is in read-only mode during a test. So how can I do the above if it won't let me!?

Lastly, when I use the object spy after I get the object not found, the object spy matches what I already have in many cases? Let's say a radio button or a submit button. When I try to use the object spy suggestion in maintenance mode, the message tells me it matches what I already have. So no solution there either. How can it match but yet be wrong??

I know these are a lot of questions. I would be forever grateful if someone can take the time to enlighten me on these questions which are really holding me back from making UFT a useful tool.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web Testing and Unexpected Server Errors zunebuggy 0 1,175 01-24-2018, 11:41 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  Any experience or advise on fixing these intermittent Run Errors? mv8167 1 2,581 01-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Last Post: vishalu.vs
  Confused in dot net arraylist pradeep singh 1 1,992 12-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Last Post: pradeep singh
  Send Mail Errors tmahender12 1 3,139 05-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Last Post: surya_7mar
  QTP Errors eroshan 21 12,472 01-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Last Post: amitspandey