Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WaitProperty not working
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
I have been trying to use the WaitProperty and Sync.

As my Waitproperty I have tried a variety of ways:

Code:
Browser("Wisdom").Dialog("File Download").WaitProperty "visible", "True", 60000
'Browser("Wisdom").Dialog("File Download").WaitProperty "text", "File Download",  60000
Dialog("File Download").WaitProperty "visible", "True", 60000
Dialog("File Download").WaitProperty "text", "File Download", 60000
... which all returned Warnings.

Then I tried Sync:
Code:
Browser("Wisdom").Dialog("File Download").Sync
... which all returned was a Run Error of syntax error

I can Exist on the dialog box. Does anyone have advice on using the WaitProperty or Sync?

thx
Hi,
Browser("Wisdom").Dialog("File Download").Sync will show the run time error when page is already being loaded.

Regards,
Sankalp
When you perform any Operation on Dialog.some images or label's are also appears/change. so if you are not able to wait for/to open particular dialog. you can check other Image Existence or label's current Values also......
Thx Sankalp,

Sync is not alowed on a Dialog box as per QTP. At least I get an error message indicating this. ;-)

Thx Saajo87,

I have tried my wait properties on buttons on the dialog box but I get a Run Error

I tried the following on a new test page with the dialog box open:

These 3 passed
Code:
Browser("Wisdom").Dialog("File Download").WaitProperty "visible", "True", 60002
Browser("Wisdom").Dialog("File Download").WaitProperty "text", "File Download", 60002
Browser("Wisdom").Dialog("File Download").WaitProperty "regexpwndtitle", "File Download", 60002

These 3 had Warnings
Code:
Browser("Wisdom").Dialog("text:=File Download").WaitProperty "visible", "True", 60003
Browser("Wisdom").Dialog("text:=File Download").WaitProperty "text", "File Download", 60003
Browser("Wisdom").Dialog("text:=File Download").WaitProperty "regexpwndtitle", "File Download", 60003

I took the top 3 passed WasitProperty statements an stuck them in my function library where they are needed and the first gave a Warning, the second two passed. I removed the first WaitProperty statement and then the second WaitProperty gave a Warning and the 3rd WaitStatement passed.

So, I am guessing, that after I select the link that opens the dialog box I need to Wait(1) as the WaitProperty fires ioff a Warning to soon (even though i have a minute of waiting for the dialog box) and thus my WaitPropert just dosent wait like it should?

Anyone have experiance like this?

;-) Lor
Hi,
Increase the value for Time out..that should resolve your problem.

Regards,
Sankalp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Waitproperty or Checkproperty with micGreaterThan() Code typhoon23 1 1,869 08-23-2017, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  WaitProperty does not refresh the object (WebNumber) cantorre 0 1,494 05-10-2017, 06:21 AM
Last Post: cantorre
  [UFT] WpfTable and WaitProperty with RowCount robertosalemi 0 1,848 11-23-2016, 10:55 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  Synchronization using waitproperty Nisha 1 2,188 10-29-2016, 09:20 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  SwfToolbar and WaitProperty: how get text robertosalemi 0 1,798 12-14-2015, 08:22 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi