Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to open a new browser window with new session
Not Solved
[/b]I want to work with multiple application users during a run session of QTP
say user A and user B

I am using below code to creat another IE window and login as user B. below is my code

Code:
set objexpl = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
    objexpl.visible = true
    objexpl.navigate "https://projectcentre.net/QTP"

Problem with this code is that it opens a new broswer window but rather opening home page to login it carries the existing user session i.e. user A session and takes to first page directly without login.

if I use other ways like
'SystemUtil.Run "iexplore.exe", "https://projectcentre.net/QTP"
it takes me to login page but problem is I can't get the browser object this way, So that I can manipulate different object on login page using descriptive programming

Waiting for your help as its little urgent for me
Not Solved
dynamically get the browser objects.
Code:
Set objB= Description.Create()  
                objB("application version").Value ="{BrowserVersion}"

Set p_objBC = DeskTop.ChildObjects(objB)  
                intB= objBC.Count
' Get the number of IE browsers opened on Desktop and loop through them to get your handle for the new browser window.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object doesn't support this property or method: 'window(...).window(...).winobject' senthil5683 1 3,490 07-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  Cannot find the "[ WebEdit ]" object's parent "[ Browser ]" (class Browser). Verify t Divya Roopa 1 8,277 03-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Last Post: devarapallliramana
Sad QTP Script | how to get object of some open window just using its class type,Java sophia.sabir 1 8,669 08-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Last Post: anil2u
  how to save a .pdf file in a browser window in qtp ssvali 15 19,794 09-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Sendkeys to close an open web browser prasadworld321 2 8,193 03-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Last Post: prasadworld321