Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Rejected in Last Round. Why?
Solved: 7 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi,
I cleared all the rounds in Microsoft but I was asked a question in QTP ie,
How to write regular expression for yahoo signup(Security code textbox). The security code changes everytime. So if it is containing digits(0-9),characters(A-Z,a-z). how do I write. I told
[0-9]{4,}[A-Z]{4,}[a-z]{4,}
But the Techical Lead showed me on his projector that it doesnt work. Why doesnt this work? Please give me the solution
sricharantester@gmail.com

Attached Files
.doc   Bug.doc (Size: 119 KB / Downloads: 111)
If I got your question right...do you want to automate entering CAPTCHA's(security code) with the help of regular expressions?
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
YES. I am using QTP 9.2. I also checked the Regular Expressions checker link which you have given but when I entered [0-9]{4,}[a-z]{4,}[A-Z]{4,} but it doesnt return "True". Please tell me what should I enter?
Which Repository Parameter window should I select?
I mean should I select type, name or html tag?
where should I enter the value of Regular expression?
Please answer

Attached Files
.doc   Object Repository.doc (Size: 82.5 KB / Downloads: 95)
I also have another doubt. When I enter the value in the name(In Description Properties), suddenly a pop up window opens asking if \ is required. What should I select "Yes" or "No"? Please see the attachment
thanks & regards,

Attached Files
.doc   Popup window.doc (Size: 87.5 KB / Downloads: 93)
First of all understand that CAPTCHA are not designed to be automated. The basic reason why CAPTCHAs were introduced was to keep automated programs/bots/spammers at bay. So if someone asks you to automate CAPTCHAs your answer should be "No, it's not possible". We do have roundabout ways but that's a topic in itself.

>>YES. I am using QTP 9.2. I also checked the Regular Expressions checker link which you have given but when I entered [0-9]{4,}[a-z]{4,}[A-Z]{4,} but it doesnt return "True". Please tell me what should I enter?

What is the test string?

>>Which Repository Parameter window should I select?
I mean should I select type, name or html tag?
where should I enter the value of Regular expression?

A parameter which has a dynamic value.

>>I also have another doubt. When I enter the value in the name(In Description Properties), suddenly a pop up window opens asking if \ is required. What should I select "Yes" or "No"?

\ is an escape character. It is used when a character used in regular expression needs to be used literally.

I would suggest you to go through the post on Regular Expressions in QTP (UFT) thoroughly and understand the concepts.
Hi Friends!!!!!!

i am capturing the objects in OR with Smart identification as "FALSE"

So i have two browsers and one page to both the browsers.

it means , first browser represents the first page and the second represents the pop up pages.

now my doubt is when i select the second page by opening the pop up
it is highllighting the second page.

without opening the pop up page if i highlight the second browser it is again highlighting the first browser.

After disabling the smart identification why i am getting this error

Please advice me and correct me if i am wrong