Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web Elements DL
Not Solved
Hi,

My application is a web based and have multiple pages with multiple web elements with the same properties.
like "Save", "Add", "Retrieve" web element on every page with same properties. when added the object it is not showing any index or location
property always to none
I tried with x and y abs_x and abs_y still not identifying and getting an error message there are multiple objects with same properties.
How can I get unique property for each web element.

Please advise. thanks very much in advance. please help.
Not Solved
How about descriptively scripting an index for those objects? Does that identify?
When you add the objects does QTP add all the objects? I mean there should be a logical description if it is adding all of them. Try to highlight the object from the Repository and check if that works?
If the above does not work, try to record and see how the objects are being added and replayed.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hope you need to identify with the text, Add the name as value property and index as 0 and try.

Example if you want to add "Save" button element then in object repository "Innertext" should be "Save" and "index" should be "0"

Note: Hope you checked with object identification configuration. tools - > Object Identification
Not Solved
Use object spy to display the properties of the object note down all the properties and try to find out the difference in the object properties. There should at least one property difference between the objects

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Selecting a WebElement from a List of Web Elements chrispraveen 1 8,171 02-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Last Post: chrispraveen
  QTP throws error on web elements when Descriptive programing used. nistalaramesh 20 22,769 10-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Last Post: nistalaramesh
  Count number of specific elements on a web page janriis 7 10,350 09-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Last Post: MVChowdary