Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web app not responding in IE-7
Not Solved
Hi-
1) When I record a script from one of our sub-pages, the app never responds after clicking on the submit button and the progress bar never updates. Just sits there at 0%. When I record the same script in Firefox, it works just fine. How do I get it to work in IE-7?

2) Also when recording using IE-7, I'm trying to enable a selection from a menu list and then move the selection to the right side of the menu by clicking on the move button. I get no response in IE-7. Works just fine in Firefox.

I'm guessing that both problems are related. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thx
Not Solved
Whats the QTP version you are using?
If it is 9.1 or above you can expect IE7 to work properly.Make sure that BHOManager Class option is enabled.

To check in IE7, go to Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> (Select Enabled radio button) for BHOManager Class
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
We are using QTP 9.2. I'll check on the BHOManager. Upon further investigation, it appears as if the page doesn't update. The requested action completes but the page never updates when recording in QTP.

Thanks for the tip.
Not Solved
BHOManager is enabled by default. I get the same results with it enabled or disabled.
Not Solved
ok... lets do this also,

1)See whether "Enable third-party browser extensions" option in IE7 Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced is checked or not. You need to enable that.

2) Also, Tools -> Internet Options-> Security tab, clear the "Enable Protected Mode" checkbox and click OK
Not Solved
Performed the checks as described above. Still no joy. Any more ideas? Is it worth while to try writing a VBscript?

Thx
Not Solved
What are the add-ins you are using? What technology your application is built in?
Preferably, check with you development team.
Not Solved
I'm only using the Web add-in. The development guys say were using J2EE on the server side and Java built with dojo on the client side.

Thx
Not Solved
use the java add in..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT unable to identify Java app objects consistently lester 1 1,795 07-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  How to automate android app Naresh 2 2,798 06-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  UFT12-- not able to open sample app poulomi21b 2 4,068 06-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Last Post: poulomi21b
  QTP is not recording the first step of opening Flight reservation app srinanduri 2 2,977 08-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Last Post: srinanduri
  FACETS app automation - QTP scsvel 4 5,907 04-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Last Post: scsvel