Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web object identification -unexpected recognition
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Question 
There is a strange thing I have observed.
I can see that QTP is able to recognize WebEdit object without any properties in repository.

On the page there are two WebEdit object. I have added these WebEdit objects to the repository then removed all the properties for these elements (turned off smart identification and ordinal identifier) and QTP can find both objects.

Anyone can explain it?
For standard windows environment it is impossible but for web somehow yes.
This is something like a 'QTP memory cache' or some bug?

Thanks in advance!

Tomek
QTP 10

Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
If the properties that QTP learns to identify the object as Assistive properties are sufficient to identify the object without mandatory properties, then if you delete mandatory properties it identifies the object without Mandatory properties, but if the assistive properties are not sufficient to identify the object without mandatory properties then it would not identify the object. eg for a winedit object property 'nativeclass' is mandatory without which QTP will not able to identify the object at AUT, in case of webedit say you delete 'html tag' then QTP can identify using html id, name etc. we can take example of browser too where if you dont define any property then also it will be able to identify browser using creation time. but it will not be the case for Window.
I have tried to explain it, hope it helps. however I am also not fully satisfied with my explanation. will back to you if I find anything else on this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enabling Smart Identification for SAP Gui object prasanna.kale5@gmail.com 0 846 12-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Last Post: prasanna.kale5@gmail.com
  Problems with Text color recognition Treirk 0 973 06-17-2019, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Treirk
  Web Testing and Unexpected Server Errors zunebuggy 0 1,166 01-24-2018, 11:41 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  Web Object Unique ID Number zunebuggy 0 1,452 07-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  Object identification is taking too much time JACKSPARROW 0 1,591 01-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Last Post: JACKSPARROW