Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WebElement
Not Solved
spy it and check which is the row number, column number for the objects you want to perform
Or use
Code:
"Browser("").Page("").WebTable("WebTable").ChildItem(1,1,"WebEdit",0).Highlight
and see where it highlights to make sure the row,col numbers used are correct.

And if there are many such fields to be set you can use a loop to iterate over rows and columns using
Code:
Browser("").Page("").WebTable("WebTable").Rowcount
Browser("").Page("").WebTable("WebTable").Columncount (row)[hr]
By the way if it is throwing error in that line,either the row/col numbers are not correct or the object is not webedit but something else, check it!
Not Solved
I still got run error on object
Code:
(Browser("").Page("").WebTable("WebTable").ChildItem(2,5,"Webedit",0).set"1.1"
1) I checked row column postion is correct (by putting for loop and use getcelldata).
2) Also I can get index of cells is 0 , it means that there is one webedit object .
I am not sure why throwing error but I can't find out.
Would you help please? Thanks.
Not Solved
Then it doesnt seem to be a webedit object itself! spy it to check whether it shows webedit or webelement or anything else
Not Solved
Code:
Set ob1 = Browser("").Page("").WebTable("WebTable").ChildItem(2,5,"WebElement",0)
ob1.click  ----> this one works
but
ob1.set "ABC"  -> object doesn't support this property "set"

2)
Code:
webelmno=  Browser("").Page("").WebTable("WebTable").ChildItemCount(2,5,"WebElement",0)  (it returns to 1)
but i change to webedit  ->       Browser("").Page("").WebTable("WebTable").ChildItemCount(2,5,"WebEdit",0) , it returns to 0

I knew that Webedit is embeddded to WebElement if i spied i use Ctrl- Click it shows Webedit.

Would you let me know how to set value to grid (2,5)

Thanks.
3) I am sure there is no webedit on the webtable
but not understand when i am using ctrl- click on the grid and spied it shows me webedit.

Would you let me know?
Not Solved
did you check what code it is generating in recording to set that webedit in webelement?
Not Solved
1) Yes, if i enter a value to first grid, it generated webedit(webedit)
If i enter a value to the second grid, it generated same webedit(webedit)
Browser("").Page("").WebEdit("WebEdit")
When it played back , doesn't enter values.....

2) The way i tried to find cell data (row, column) enter value into cell data doesn't work. As you saw that Browser("").Page("").WebTable("WebTable").ChildItemCount(2,5,"WebEdit",0) (it returns to 0)
3) When I spied grids has same name property (webedit). How can I isolate each webedit?
Thanks,

Not Solved
I hope you used descriptive programming for this webelement properly.
As you said, during recording it is creating a webedit object, copy the same properties of that webedit to this webelement
Code:
Browser("...........").Page("....").Webelement("prop1:=prop1_value_in_object_repos","prop2:=prop2_value_in_object_repos").Click
Not Solved
Have you tried 'Type' instead of 'Set'?
Not Solved
You can't use 'Type' in Web applications

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation WebElement("WebElement").Click is not working sia sharma 7 23,181 09-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Last Post: supputuri