Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome everybody, I'm the newest member for now.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Shy 
Hi everybody,
I have been used Winrunner and QTP for about 6 years and I enyoy working with automated tests but sometimes I have been faced with problems like the following:
Since 4 weeks it's not possible to start IE7 with QTP 9.2 together. Always following message appears: "iexplore.exe, 7.0.6000.16705, ole32.dll, 5.1.2600.5512, 0x000356f7"; QTP-Scripts with Mozilla still running fine; no virus/trojans found (checked with prevxcsifree); no useful hints founds by Google; XPP/SP2 now SP3 with newest updates.
Is there somebody who can help me?
Uwe Shy
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Just in case
Try and Disable the tab Functionality in IE which is a known Issue

Regards
Kishore
Hello Kishore,

thank you for quick answer. But where can I find the tab configuration in IE7?
I think I found the main reason for a part of the problem: If Windows starts "Cisco Systems VPN Client" (e.g. via autostart) the QTP License Check often failed. There must be a mix-up of license checks of QTP and Cisco?! But if QTP license check finished correctly and I start IE7 the dll crashes.
There is no problem without Cisco, and so I can work normally for now.

Thank you again, Uwe
Hello Kishore,

I found IE7 configuration for Strg+T (new tab), this option was deactivated, but the original problem still exists after reboot with and without this option. Cisco was not the reason for the problem. I suppose there is a problem with McAfee or network.

Uwe
Hi

Sometimes few application dlls cross with QTP dlls and create issues.One final try
try a clean uninstall of QTP and try again.Else try HP Support which will take time
and might not even help in some cases.All the best Sorry i coudnt be of much use.

regards
Kishore
Hi Kishore,

thank you for your hint. I did an update on 9.5 (with deinstallation), but the problem is still valid. It happens on two machines with different configurations. Both machines have following problems
a. login via license server and
b. IE 6/7 ole32.dll
So I suppose that both problems have the same reason. I discuss the problems with HP support and I hope we will find a solution.

Best regards, Uwe
I found following two problems/solutions/workarounds:
1. Licence check doesn't work -> problem with McAfee Firewall (other Firewall or configure McAfee with QTP portnumber)
2. ole32.dll crash with IE 6/7 -> problem with ActiveX-AddIn (deactivate ActiveX or ???)
Uwe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from a new member butair 1 2,144 10-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Last Post: niranjan
Cool Hi Everbody, Iam newly registered member gncraj 0 1,673 08-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Last Post: gncraj