Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the difference between Global sheet and local sheet w.r.t Run on all rows
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi All,
Could you please give me the difference between Global Sheet and Local sheet w.r.t Run on all rows and Run on one iteration only
i.e
Scenario1:
If i have a 10 records in Global Sheet and no records in Local sheet
i) What would be the behavior if i use the run on all rows
ii) What would be the behavior if i use the run one iteration only

Scenario2:
If i have a 10 records in Local sheet and no records in Global sheet
i) What would be the behavior if i use the run on all rows
ii) What would be the behavior if i use the run one iteration only

Please let me have a better answer for this...

Thanks,
Venkat.Batchu
Local sheet is limited to the associated action only. The scope of data is limited to that particular action. Other Actions which are part of the test cannot access those data values.
Global sheet has scope with respect to all actions coded as part of a Test.
I think this is sufficent to get answer for your scenarios, Please try it out and let us know if any confusion.

Thanks for prompt response,
that is sufficient and can u please let me know about the below scenario

i) i have a 10 records in global sheet and 4 records in local sheet
i need to print the global sheet data when it is set with Run on all rows and Run on one iteration only.
ii) i have a 10 records in global sheet and 15 records in local sheet i need to print the local sheet data when it is set with Run on all rows and Run on one iteration only.

My query:
In the first scenario does it print all the 10 records data or not w.r.t two conditions (Run on all rows and single iteration)

In the second scenario does it print all the 15 records data or not w.r.t two conditions (Run on all rows and single iteration)

Could u please explain about this..................?
I wonder why dont you try it out yourself, It will be really helpful for you if you try it out on your own first.

answers to your question -
In the first scenario does it print all the 10 records data or not w.r.t two conditions (Run on all rows and single iteration)

Run on All Rows - will print all the 10 records
Run one iteration - will print the first record.

In the second scenario does it print all the 15 records data or not w.r.t two conditions (Run on all rows and single iteration)

Run on All Rows - will not print all the 15 records, it will print only 10 records
Run one iteration - will print the first record.

if you select Run on all rows, QTP will run for all rows for the global sheet and one row for local sheet.
if you select Run One iteration, QTP will run for single row for the global sheet and same for local sheet.

I have already executed this and get the analysis on this but i would like to share this type of scenarios to some others there is no nothing logic behind this and want to make people to think in this type of scenarios....
@Venkatbatchu - Please be aware that if you want to expose people to different other scenarios then you have to post it in one of the discussion forums. This forum under which you posted is a question/answer forum where people are eagerly awaiting to get ahead from their technical roadblock. I have seen saket going several steps ahead and answering your question on time promptly. Please respect the conditions under which people post the questions. If you knew the answer well ahead and wanted to gather opinion about people's thought, "QTP others" forum isint the one you should be using.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
I completely agree with Basanth on this, If you know the answers then please do not post questions like this, you can describe your scenario and the solution. then may be you can ask for the opinion whether you are in the right track or not.
this way you are not helping to members of this group, who spent their time to understand and resolve issues.
request you to please do take care of this.

Surely i will not repeat these kind of things, i thought of thinking that it will helpful for some guys i didnt know in that mean...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to clear the contents of datatable(Local or Global sheet) during runtime? srinibarati 3 13,026 11-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Last Post: EbbyNader
  Test Control sheet in Hybrid Framework puruganti.ramesh 1 1,863 01-22-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  How to find multiple keywords in an excel sheet Priyanka2 1 2,511 10-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Difference between "Set" and "Type" falvi 2 9,790 04-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Last Post: falvi
  Difference between RFT & QTP? SweetyChowdhury 18 19,917 08-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Last Post: nana1355