Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the exact meaning of CreateObject()
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi I am begginer to QTP and using since 8 months,I am working on Data Driven Framwork. Because of that i have not come across using the CreateObject()...i have seen in many framework they are using the that common.d

Can i know what exeactly the meaning the CreateObject and what is the use of that commond..

And my second question is some times we are going to as
Code:
"Set App = CreateObject("QuickTest.Application")"
here since we know the mane of QTP is "QuickTest" so we used as "QuickTest.Application")".

But there is new application like xls or outlook or any pdf file if i want to createObject for that application, from where i have to get the application name.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
This is part of the COM which enables software components to communicate with each other.

You can read more about createobject here

Additional Read

Regarding your second query, its the name of the application supplying the object.
For ex: Work.Application for MS word document, Excel.Workbook for excel workbook or Excel.Sheet for MS Excel spreadsheet

If you use office 2000 you can refer \Program Files\microsoft office\Office\1033\VBAXL9.CHM for more information on MS Excel Automation Model
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help about CreateObject stevol 23 41,073 04-16-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: swethareddy
  Capturing the exact time when an operation is performed. Dilliz 2 2,840 01-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Dilliz
  Detail info about createObject() nandu 1 3,946 11-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Saket
  Need list of "objects" used in qtp by using "CreateObject" SaranKumarV 2 15,327 09-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Last Post: SaranKumarV
  meaning and difference vijay17sep 1 2,032 06-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Last Post: somisays