Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing optimized QTP scripts
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi,

I am using DP for developing Test Cases in VB Script. I am looking for some guidelines/best practices for developing optimized scripts. I googled a lot for some articles written in this direction. I didn't find any but http://www.advancedqtp.com/forums/index.php?topic=110. Can anyone share his/her useful views on this topic?

So far I found that most of the time is spent on setting values in various controls using statements like WebEdit.Set, WebList.Select ,etc. Is there any trick to optimize on this?

WebEdit.Object.value = <some value> is little faster but it is not very reliable and also it makes scripts IE specific. Additionally, if page gets reloaded then we have to use the undocumented init(). I think this can make my scripts fragile if HP wants to do so, isn't it? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
nice question... I have put across a list of my experience with optimizing QTP scripts

>>So far I found that most of the time is spent on setting values in various controls using statements like WebEdit.Set, WebList.Select ,etc. Is there any trick to optimize on this?

if you are using DP make sure you are not using more than the required properties to uniquely identify the object. Other than that, I don't think much can be done for optimizing these statements.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Thanks Ankur. It was indeed useful!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does QTP support writing runtime data to multiple sheets in excel Shwethareddy 2 3,538 10-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Shwethareddy
  Sequence of Writing to Word document Raj20091 2 2,798 12-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Raj20091
  Writing an IF statement mahadevan.swamy 1 1,919 10-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Last Post: krishnas.tester