Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an object with same name displayed twice on a web page
Not Solved
Hi All,

My problem goes like this.

I have a web page which contains company details and user details.
There is an "edit" button for both company details and user details. With same values except for the co-ordinate change(I am talking about object properties here).
The other thing is that the "edit" button for user details is not visible when I first open the page. I have to scroll down to click on edit button of user details.
Now when I record this and run it says "object not matching.." My smart identification is ON too.

Can anybody tell me how can I write my script so that it can identify the edit button of user details.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Reema.
Not Solved
check the unique property of the edit button and then add it as an object.

The error message which you are reffering is basically specifying the Object identification issue.

While adding the Object ,don't add coordinates property. co-ordinates are dynamic and they are not reliable.

~Regards
Not Solved
Use index to differentiate same objects.
Not Solved

Hi ,

You can use the index property or location property to identify those objects uniquely which shares the same Label or text.

Regards.
Balaji
Not Solved
Index Property for the Edit object is "None" and I don't want to use Location because I feel it is not the right way to do it.

Actually I would like to mention here is that the Edit object is not a "button" but a "Link"
Not Solved
you store the same object in the repository with the different logical name keeping the index 0 and 1 respectively.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web Object Unique ID Number zunebuggy 0 1,462 07-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  click each web link in a page using Index or other method in QTP smeijer 13 23,678 04-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: kowshik
  verify that parent properties match object currently displayed in your application. sona 0 2,948 02-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: sona
  Auto Complete list not displayed in PEGA7 adityacharan 0 2,320 11-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Last Post: adityacharan
  VB Script to count number of links in a web page. Suma Parimal 4 24,763 07-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: govind