Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't see results.
Not Solved
Hi Every one, this is my first day in this forums.
I am a qtp beginner.I installed QTP9 on my system.I have recorded a test. when i am trying to run it ,it is running perfectly but i can't see test results.It is giving me a message " no results were found for current test ".
my new run result folder is
C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\Tests\tutorial\Test2\Res5
when i open this folder every time..it is just empty.
I browsed through the internet for help but no use.
Can anyone please tell me what's wrong with my test ?

Thankq very much.
Vj_ku
Not Solved
Insert the below line code in your script and then try to run.
Reporter.ReportEvent micPass, "test", "This is pass test"
Not Solved
Hi Vj_ku,
its a bit strange, may be this could be an issue with the proper permissions on the folder. try with temp folder and see if you can view the results.

@v_selvam - do you mean to say results can not be generated unless you dont specify the reporter event in the script?

Not Solved
Thanks for your replies.
1. I tried it again by inserting Reporter.ReportEvent micPass, "test", "This is pass test" in my script.
But still i am having same problem.
2. i tried with choosing temporary run results folder option C:\DOCUME~1\Vijay\LOCALS~1\Temp\TempResults.
But still after running every thing perfectly,it is giving me the same error,which says -C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\Tests\tutorial\Test3.
No results were found for the current test.

Please can you tell me any other options that i can use.I installed 14 days trail version. my trail is going to expire in 5 days. I didn't practice any thing because of this problem.please tell how to solve this problem.I really appreciate your help.
Thanks for reading this.

Vj_ku
Not Solved
Never seen such issue, Not sure can you try re-installing it again on the same machine or even try on some other machine as well.

Not Solved
When you click on the results icon from within QTP does it display the result ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Set the flag as 'ON' in the Options dialog box in the QTP application. Then try to run the sript
Not Solved
Thanks for the reply V_selvam, can you please tell me how to set flag.I don't see any thing like flag in options dialog box in QTP.
Thanks,
Vj_ku.
Not Solved
what v_selvam mean to say is -
go to Tools > Options
under 'Run' tab check on 'view results when run session ends'

Not Solved
Thanks for the explanation saket. I did that.The problem still exists.
Thanks,
Vj_ku.