Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannot open QTP tests
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
hi,
Please assist.
I saved my qtp tests on a different computer and I cannot open them as they only appear as folders (with Action 0, Action 1, Action 2, etc)and not the qtp test icons that should appear when you try to open a test (from qtp)
Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? Sad
Hi,

Just select the folder which has the test name and click open and see if the script gets opened.
that did not help. I had tried it, but thanks the problem was solved.
Hi, Please anyone solve the problem, as i had record a QTP test and saved it on the desktop, and hence on executing it works and runs properly, but as soon as i change the that folder from desktop to c:/drive , and run the test from c:// drive, a error message generates that: "Object not found". Please assist me.........thanks!!
Can you please post how did you figure out the issue. So that it will be helpful for others too. Thanks in Advance
Thanks,
SUpputuri
can you please post the solution...? i am facing same problem.
A known problem. It happens bcoz of space issue.

Clear the temp folder and re-open the test.

Regards,
Ankesh
HI Ankesh,

I don't see any temp folders and I think i have enough space so it should be ok.

thing is I saved my qtp tests and now I cannot open them as they only appear as folders (with Action 0, Action 1, Action 2, etc). There should be qtp test icon when you see your test in eplorer but it's not there
Press key windows+R

type %temp%. and hit enter.

Delete whatever is present in the folder.

I had faced similar issue, clearing temp folder worked for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [UFT] Fixed web tests with dynamic parts jdd 3 2,439 04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP does not record the first step of open filight reservation application. Blossoms 9 17,318 07-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Last Post: AJAJ
  When QTP is open am not able to open my AUT. chetan3987 2 2,939 02-12-2014, 01:18 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  How to enter values into excel which is already open using QTP Narayanan 1 4,199 12-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  Run Button is not available in QTP 11 - while running tests from QC 11 Kannan R 0 1,766 08-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Kannan R