Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
checking fro search result
Not Solved
Hi All,

I am trying to check if my web page returns my search result successfully.
How do i check for this, can anyone help. and also to check for the relevance of the search result using qtp.

Thanks all in advance
Not Solved
What are you trying to search ??

Even before you use QTP you need to understand that there will be a logic and you will need to code around it. For every action there will be a reaction. For Eg : If you enter a name and click on Search it will respond with all the names matching the search text.

Let us know your criteria and then possibly we can help you out.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
I want to search for anything. I just want to check that the search functionality works on the web site am testing.
The testcase i want to automate says - 'Ensure search functionality works on site'
so really i should be able to type anything into the search box on the site and expect qtp to let me know the search results were displayed.

e.g. Type people in the search box and it should return all the instances of within the search results.

Thanks
Not Solved
Hi,

Create ado objects for database and recordset. Write the query(Probably, your requirement seems like "Like" search) and check for every value of your recordset matches the application's output.

Thanks,
Not Solved
Hi,

By using child objects you can verify the results...

For example :
Lets take the google as an example.
When I search some thing on google, the search results are displayed as links. So we can get all the links displayed as search results in the webpage and get the inner text of each link and instring that with the string that we searched for.

Let me know if this works for you..
- Mr. K
Not Solved
Hi Mr K can you explain a bit more, is this going to be like a loop or something.

And can i check if they are all word documents dispalyed

Thanks for your help
Not Solved
Hi

On what type of application are you trying to search. On web application?

Please explain your scenario with screen shot is possible.
Not Solved
yes please, on a web application and the search is on a page.
Thanks
Not Solved
Laura,Searching is quite easy using QTP. I have the code for that. But i am not sure how ur page looks like. Is it a page with a Textbox to enter the searchvalue and then click to get the results? 2)What is that u want to check,like whether the Number of Records?or is it like u want to check whether all the records r active status in the DB?Tell me ur criteria,i will edit the code and post it here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CyberArk CorePAS REST API to search for accounts pramod 0 542 06-29-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: pramod
  Search All Test scripts For a Function? AndyBSG 1 2,576 02-19-2015, 04:15 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  spell checking of web objects kriday 3 3,770 07-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Staff
  Search for a string in all the files under all subdirectory Mahesh27 1 2,044 07-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Sathiya
  Testing Search box kriday 1 2,356 06-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Last Post: basanth27