Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
closing the browser
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
hi ,

i was trying to close the browser after specific action is done and not able to do it.

I am using with Gmail login to show what iam trying to do

Code:
systemutil.Run "iexplore.exe","www.gmail.com"
If browser("name:=Gmail: Email from Google").Page("title:=Gmail: Email from Google").WebEdit("name:=Email").Exist Then

browser("name:=Gmail: Email from Google").Page("title:=Gmail: Email from Google.*").WebEdit("name:=Email").Set datatable.Value("username","Global")
browser("name:=Gmail: Email from Google").Page("title:=Gmail: Email from Google.*").WebEdit("name:=Passwd").SetSecure datatable.Value("Password","Global")
browser("name:=Gmail: Email from Google").Page("title:=Gmail: Email from Google.*").WebButton("name:=Sign in").Click
End If
'browser("name:=Gmail: Email from Google").Page("title:=Gmail: Email from Google").link("name:=No thanks").Click
browser("name:=Gmail - Inbox").Page("title:=Gmail - Inbox.*").Link("name:=Sign out").Click
browser("name:=Gmail: Email from Google").Page("title:=Gmail: Email from Google.*").Close
and also while doing it i faced again issue of upgrading IE to google and we have to click No thanks but its for first time.Next i dont see that how to handle those in code.Please explain
Hi,
You may use another IF statement to check the existence of 'No Thanks' link and if it exist then click on it.

Regards,
K
For Closing the application Just give the code like below one in the final line,

Code:
Browser("name:=Gmail: Email from Google").Close
Thanks Got it..

Can you please check my split fn and explain me ...i have created a thread no one is answering

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SAP GUI gets hanged while closing the Windows Pop Up kathirvelnagaraj 0 5,331 10-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Last Post: kathirvelnagaraj
  recovery scenario for closing a message box itself ashima 0 2,133 12-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ashima
  closing browser at end bistritapcv 3 5,732 04-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  error object disabled on line 9 where it says " Browser("Browser").CloseAllTabs" kp_usa 1 3,094 12-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Last Post: adityapant27
  Closing an open PDF mv8167 5 11,598 08-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Last Post: ravi.gajul