Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
design steps for the automatoin
Not Solved
Dear Friends,

I am new to QTP and trying to do an automation for a particular task. Could you please help me with
the design for this.

Requirement:

1. Have a web link of an application. Need to login to the application with username/password.
2. There are multiple combo box and text box in the link.
3. As of now, we are manually entering the value for the combo box and the text box.
4. Need to automatically enter the values for the combo box and text boxes
5. Click the save and close button.

My design:

Login to the application with the username and password using the record and play option.
Store the values for the combo box and text boxes in the Data Table
While running, fetch the values from the data table.

Here, instead of storing all the values of combo box, is there any other way we can handle it eg. using object spy.
Where to insert checkpoints/synchornization points.

If you have the detailed steps, could you please tell me. I will proceed with the code and ask you for any more help
Not Solved
As you are a beginner, datatable would be best option for you. Pass the username,password, combobox value, text box value as a parameter in datatable.

Do let me know if you need more help.

Regards,
Ankesh
Not Solved
Hi Ankesh,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. Some of the combo box is having around 15 values. So is there any other method to handle this scenario please.
Not Solved
Comboboxes will have multiple values. do you want to select multiple values at a time? Plz let me knw what you are trying to achieve?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 14.53 not able to record steps of web application rupesh doshi 3 2,550 10-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: rupesh doshi
  QTP Automation testing steps for .net web applications? Ramadas 0 2,181 10-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Ramadas
  qtp not recording all the steps kp_usa 1 2,435 12-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Pass specific design steps in QC through QTP TurtleRock 0 1,653 09-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Last Post: TurtleRock
  Function Calling after executing some steps TaranVohra 2 2,817 06-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Last Post: TaranVohra