Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does GetcolumnCount property Exist?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi, I was reading some Interview question on net I found somebody mention to use getcolumncount method for counting column.But I've tried in Qtp but couldn't found anything.Please clear this doubt.If this property do exist then how to use it.

Thanks in advance,
New To Qtp.
Yes it exists:
GetParameterCount -This will return the total number of columns in the run-time Data Table sheet.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Means there is no such GetColumnCount instead of that there is GetParameterCount ??
Yes!
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Yes getcolumncount exist

ex:
Code:
Browser("Browser").Page("Page").WebTable("acura").ColumnCount(1)

here it will fetch the no of column present in first row of acura webtable
Hi Smitha,
Thanks for reply ,columncount property is exist but my question was is getcolumncount property exits or not, i want to count no of column in datatable (global sheet) which property is best?columncount or getparametercount??I hope you get the point.

Thanks again
HI ,

Actually datatable will have maximum limit of 256 columns only(Maximum worksheet size—65,536 rows by 256 columns)
And by the by ,there is no method(i.e getcolumncount) for retrieving the coulmn count of datatable...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General run error when Exist fails msacks 1 1,660 02-08-2019, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  [UFT 12.52/VBScript] Test object exist, is visible and enabled before take an action sparkwanted 0 3,447 02-07-2017, 12:28 AM
Last Post: sparkwanted
  how to find Excel file exist or not in vbscript code sree.85 3 10,795 08-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Last Post: akhandesh
  Remote server machine does not exist eroshan 5 13,928 05-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Saket
  If page does not exist - skip go to another action janriis 4 3,916 10-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Imtiaz-QA