Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
don't spy object as Browser
Not Solved
Hi all,

Why i don't spy this object as Browser? Can any body tell me the reason? Please see the picture to see that.

Thanks and BRs,
linhke
Not Solved
Strange. IF its open on a IE it should recognise as Browser as far as i know..I may be wrong though..

Basic checks,

1. Did you open QTP after the application ?
2. can you try opening a different browser and see if it gets recognised ?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
1. I try to open QTP before the application but QTP doesn't still know is as browser.
2. On another PC, QTP knows it as Browser as i want => i think have the different in IEs setting or others... i am not sure about that???

1. I try to open QTP before the application but QTP doesn't still know is as browser.
2. On another PC, QTP knows it as Browser as i want => i think have the different in IEs setting or others... i am not sure about that???
Not Solved
Can you check whether the Web add-in checkbox is selected in the startup dialog.
Not Solved
I checked it, but still not done.
Not Solved
Can you provide which version of QTP and IE you are using?
Sometime you can encounter this problem. Try to record and play back the recorded scripts. And if still the problem persists then close the QTP and again open and check the same.
Not Solved
QTP 10.0, IE 7.0. I tried your solutions too, but can not resolve it
Not Solved
may be this could be simply the browser extension issue. Can you check if you have enabled third party browser extensions?

in case you are not aware of this -
Go to IE-- Tools >Internet Options
Click on Advanced tab
under section - 'Browsing' find "Enable third-party browser extensions*"
make sure this is flagged on , this helps to excess files and application made in other tools and those files can be accessible.

Not Solved
I checked it, but still not resolve this issue Sad
Not Solved
strange, I thought it would solve your problem Smile, It was checked 'ON' or 'OFF'? just a reminder - if it was checked OFF and you checked on it, you will need to restart browser to make the changes effect.

possibly you already have done that, just in case not...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to restore tool bar (with add object, object spy, update from appln etc options) sayyushaik 0 1,945 10-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Last Post: sayyushaik
  QTP 11 - Idenifying Window Object instead of Browser Kannan R 1 2,897 07-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Last Post: learnQtptips
Sad Object Spy not able to recongnize object based on mouse pointer tonylin57 3 4,898 08-31-2011, 02:31 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Object Spy Problem With IE yagarules 2 4,190 07-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Last Post: yagarules
  QTP invoke the Smart identification to identify the browser object SarodeGirish 1 7,039 01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Last Post: sreekanth chilam