Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do I use to get text area?
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I am a beginner in QT. I used to use winrunner but in QT is hard to use get text area. What command and how do I get the coordinate. Please advise. Thanks
did you try .GetVisibleText() ? i don't remember if that is an option for a Textarea object, but I have used it other objects to get the full text.
Hi ,
You can use the.GetRoProperty("value") to fetch the value from the textarea

Sorry that was to fetch the value in text arer , your query is related to fetch the coordinates of the text area
Code:
.GetRoProperty("x")--x coordinate x1
.GetRoProperty("y")--y coordinate y1
.GetRoProperty("width")---
.GetRoProperty("height")---
x2=x1+width
y2=y
x3=x1
y3=y1+height
x4=x2
y4=y3

find the attached document

Attached Files Image(s)

Text Area is bit blant. There are 2 ways,

1. Text Area checkpoint.
2. Spy on the object, go to the TO Properties and see which property holds the text ( if your text area means that ). Use GetRoProperty("property_name") to retrieve the text.
3. GetVisibleText if available as a method can be used. This is majorly available for .Net based objects, however, if it is available for web objects then you should be able to use it.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to Validate Text filed is blank after clicking on the Text box balak89 3 4,534 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  Unable to find Application Area In QTP Jyobtech 0 1,978 01-10-2015, 04:03 AM
Last Post: Jyobtech
  I am trying to extract text from a webelement but it is generating blank text scenari excellentpawan 2 4,282 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Last Post: excellentpawan
  Text Area check point Sathiya 2 4,423 08-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Last Post: anjalivaswani
  BACK GROUND COLOUR OF A PARTICULAR AREA IN A SEARCH WINDOW remya 1 2,062 11-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Saket