Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to access the remote connection ??
Not Solved
Hi,

How to access the remote desktop(using IP addresss) ??

As a part of automation to one of my task ...
a) i need to connect to the remote machine with shortcut present on my desktop .(like click on shorcut icn present on my desktop ... , enter IP address and then userid and password)
b)and need to go to c:/..../..... (some path) and need to run batch job present in that location ...
c)after that batch job is successful need to logoff from remote connection and continue with the rest of my automation script.

first of all can we automate the process of connecting to the remote desktop....?

can anyone help me out how to proceed....?

Thanks
Navya
Not Solved
We cant do the above using the Remote Desktop.

If you looking for Automating a Process of running a Batch File on the Server from your client machine.

You can use psexec.exe (you can get it from Internet), then you can automate the command prompt to Login to the Server and Run a batch process that was present onthe Server.

I am using this very extensively, this is almose the core part of our Application Automation.

Let me know if you need any more information
Not Solved
Hi navya and satish,
I am also facing the same issue.I need to automate the application residing in the remote virtual desktop.According to my process i need to first enter id address and then enter the remote application and automate.
I need to record from connecting to remote machine till the application on the remote machine.

Can u just help me out if you have got any solution for this problem

till clicking on the remote desktop lick its recording and its dosent recognise once the ip address window comes for connectiong remoetly to the system
sorry guys by mistake i have used wrong names pardon me
Not Solved
Hi Upendra,

Papu gave the correct answer on your independent thread. What they might try and do is write a batch file which will invoke qtp on you VM and run the script, save results and close it.. so on.
But you can't record an application in VM when QTP is in your local. May be you can ask for a VPN connection and access the application from your machine itself there by circumventing the security concerns.

Hope this helps,

Cheers
Anil

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote Commuter License pin001 0 1,327 01-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: pin001
  [UFT] Connection String for Oracle robertosalemi 6 11,712 01-15-2016, 04:51 PM
Last Post: robertosalemi
  DB2 Connect connection with IE 11 SRP 1 2,408 12-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  IBM DB2 connection with VB script bmurali 2 10,432 12-18-2015, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Connection with HP ALM hachem 0 2,404 02-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Last Post: hachem