Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to automate the execution of the script...
Not Solved
I have written code to test if an url is entered , the web page is opened with the corresponding url. There are nearly 400 urls and I have coded for it. It is working fine for almost all except for 3 or 4 urls where I am seeing 'General Run error' dialog box. Because of this dialog box, the script is not running continuously without my personal intervention to click on 'Skip button' when the dialog box appears. I have to attend all the time the script is running , which takes nearly 3 hours. Can some one help me suggesting how to handle this situation.
Not Solved
Write ur code in such a manner that if error comes then it should handle it then moves to the next URL.

For eg.
Code:
Browser("").AddressBar("").Set URL1
          If Window("").Dialog("Error").Exist then
              Dialog("Error").Button("Ok").Click
              Reporter.reportevent micFail, "URL1","showed run time error"
          Else
              reporter.ReportEvent micPass,"URL1","opened successfully"
Then write same code for other RLs aswell

Regards,
Gaurav
Not Solved
Add a recovery scenario. This will help if you are not sure when the pop will appear.
Not Solved
Hi,

First, Do you know on which URL you are getting General Run Error and what is the reason.
If it is repititive then you can modify the code to avoid as this looks like code or method issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues while uft script execution Mrutyanjayam 0 1,702 10-03-2015, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Mrutyanjayam
  UFT taking different script execution timings while comparing 2 excel files. sudheer 0 2,214 06-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Last Post: sudheer
  QTP execution of script on completion of another ragunath 0 1,773 02-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Last Post: ragunath
  Need to exit hte execution of the script... manishnangalia 3 3,238 07-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Last Post: sshukla12
Exclamation QTP 11 - Object properties are lost after execution of script for Oracle Forms 11 ramapullareddy 0 2,758 12-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ramapullareddy