Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to capture the current page URL
Not Solved
Hi,
do anybody know how to capture the current page URL?
I tried this:
Code:
Browser("Browser").Page(Browser("Browser").GetROProperty("title")).GetROProperty("URL")

I use this statement in a reusable action.
It works in one scenario but not in others.

I think it is because of the page name. Can anybody help me?

Thank you for your help!
Not Solved
Use regular expressions & check it out ....
Not Solved
Hi Sreekanth,
i went through the tutorial to understand what is regular expressions. I'm couldn't understand why/how should i use the regular expressions to capture the URL of the page.
Can you give me more details on it please?
Tahnk you in advance.
Not Solved
But i couldnt find any object name for weblist in ur code.
try to capture the area where u enter URL , then use getropropertty for that weblist

Code:
browser("hhh").page("lll").weblist("ddd").GetROProperty("value")
Not Solved
Try this:

Code:
MsgBox Browser("micclass:=Browser").GetROProperty("url")
Not Solved
If you have a single, try using Browser("name:=.*").GetROProperty("url")
Not Solved
Why do people reply like this and then disappear? He obviously needed more details...why not just provide them since you're going to the trouble to reply anyway? Then the problem gets solved more easily AND others can use the info as well.
Not Solved
Easy Mike. Not only is that thread is really old, but there were solutions presented, and the original poster disappeared as well. He didn't ask for more clarification leading me to believe that one of the proposed solutions worked. No big deal.
Not Solved
@HI All,

Ohh!, It seems by mistake I might have posted the above solution for the post which I was not intended to.
Apolozies Smile
And moreover today I am seeing this!!.

@Hi Mike:
Moreover I haven't disappeared buddy and I dont have to....You can see "JOINED:Mar 2008" beside my name....
this is almost 3rd year for me being a forum member.

If you still have any issues...let me know.
Not Solved
I'm new and browsing the forums for ideas.. why wouldn't you just use and output checkpoint? I'm not offering suggestions, just wondering if there is a better way.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Capture Entire Web page through QTP learnQtptips 2 11,541 07-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  ‘General Run Error’ when trying to fetch URL in Browser Address Bar with DP sukhvinderh 5 5,466 10-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Last Post: v.swaminathan
  Getting URL from Internet Explorer BVVPrasad 1 4,586 07-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Last Post: rajpes
  Write a program to print the current folder name in the local system. kannan_panneerselvam 8 7,678 07-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Last Post: souvikghosh_diatm
  Changing current working directory vijay44 1 3,324 01-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Saket