Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to export test results from QTP to QC
Not Solved
Hi ,

I'm new to QC, can anyone help me how can i export test results after every run from qtp to qc. I want all mytest results as attachments (either as PDF, word or excel formats) at one place.
I run all my test scripts from QC. After Run, instead of going to each test script and launch report , is there any option to save the test results as attachment in QC or save them in a specific folder?

Any work arounds for this isssue?
Not Solved
Hi,
The results would have got already stored as an attachment if you are running it from QC. Plz check.
Not Solved
yes In QC, I can see the result when I launch report, but i want that report in a separate folder. is there any method that result after every Run can be saved in a specific folder either from QTP or QC
Not Solved
Hey for this you need to use filesystem objects and prepare some functions to store report in html or xls format.
Not Solved
Hi,

I have one logic to do that:

1. First define the environment in-built variable "ResultDir" under File->Settings in QTP script.
2. Then assign the value into a variable like: Test_Result_Path=Environment("ResultDir"), now the variable "Test_Result_Path" should contain the qtp test result location.
3. Now using file scripting object go to the result folder whose path contained by the variable "Test_Result_Path".
4. Now copy the Result folder from that path and paste at any location in QC or QTP
Not Solved
Thanks for the reply, but i did not get the last point copy the result folder from that path and paste in QC, QTP? i dont know where to paste ? also Can we define or change the in built environmnet variables , i did not find any option to do so.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rolleyes Snapshots - Test Results Bhadra 8 7,720 11-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  capture screenshot using html code and view in QTP Test results Bhuvan 3 6,995 07-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Bhuvan
  Results Export to Excell balajireddy1980 1 2,801 01-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Last Post: shivu.hanu
  Get the Parent Folder name in Test Plan for a Test from Test Lab using QTP godsown 0 5,939 09-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Last Post: godsown
  Code to export and import tests in qtp tpragnya 0 2,808 08-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Last Post: tpragnya