Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
how to find whether page get generated or not
Not Solved
Hi All,

i wanna know that whether QTP has implemented internal wait method or not in latest version

recently i have used new automation tool like Sahi, in this tool i observed that after clicking any link or but we need not to write any wait or sync methods to wait until page get redirected/ generated

sahi automation tool was implemented internal wait method to know whether page get generated or not

for example

Code:
browser().page().link().click
browser().page().webedit().set "asduif"

for above example after i click the link the page will redirected to another page, here i need to enter the text in text box

in qtp i have to verify whether the page is redirected to next page or not
once the page is redirected to next page then only i can enter the text in textfield

if page still in progress even the time which i have given for sync or wait, then the next line will execute even page is not yet generated then we will get error page

but we dont have this problem in sahi automation tool, it will check for the page get generated or not,

until page get redirected to next page it will not execute to next step, so there is no chance to fail our script in sahi automation tool

like this sahi tool, does qtp is having any internal wait method to wait until page get redirected/ generated in latest version

please let me know if there is any internal wait method process in latest QTP versions

Regards,
G@veyom
Not Solved
Hi Gaveyom,

Yes there is a waitproperty in QTP which will Wait until the specified object property achieves the specified value or exceeds the specified timeout before continuing to the next step. Below is the sample code to Wait For an Edit Box to Become Enabled Using the Default Timeout ..

Code:
If Browser("index").Page("index").WebEdit("Account").WaitProperty("disabled", 0) Then
    Browser("index").Page("index").WebEdit("Account").Set ("123")
End If
For more help u can check the qtp help.

There is a wait method which u can use ..
e.g., Wait(5)

Regards,
Ankesh
Not Solved
Hi Ankesh,

thank you for your reply

what ever you have said is correct we can use WaitProperty to wait until page get generated

even we can use Exist(Time) can also use

but i want without writing this code like WaitProperty/ Exist
is there any plugin to wait the page until page get redirected/ generated

in sahi automation tool without writing any code it will wait until page gets redirected/ generated

please let me know is there any such a feature in QTP
Not Solved
In QTP you need to synchronize your application with QTP, no other way.
Few free automation tools are having that advantage but that tools are only used for web based application.
Looking forward to get the feature incorporated with QTP.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Checking if an error message is generated on the page due to wrong data entry pkjakhar 1 2,445 06-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Ankur