Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to handle multiple instances of web browser
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Exclamation 
Hi All..
i am facing a problem.when i recording a script and click on 1 web button it will open another web page.when i run this test an error occured stating that unable to identify the object bcoz multiple instances of web browser is exists.

plz help me out.
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Before you start executing, bring the state of the browser back to the state when you begun recording. Or close the browser and execute the script ( make sure you have in the recorded script to open the app you need).
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
i tried all dat..but the thing is when i click the button it will open a new page in the new window.
and qtp is not able to recognize the object on this newely opened page..
So, here is a good example. This fact was never quoted by you in the first instance.Well, now that you have rolled the skeletons out of the box, here is what you may need to do,

For the second browser which opens up, you will have to tweak the code to include ,

Browser("CreationTime:=1")....

This way, you can differentiate the browsers, and then hopefully the child objects after that.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can UFT Handle Detecting Redirects? zunebuggy 0 776 05-28-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  error object disabled on line 9 where it says " Browser("Browser").CloseAllTabs" kp_usa 1 3,087 12-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Last Post: adityapant27
  How to handle pop up blocker. chetan-24 4 8,372 06-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Last Post: nilanjans
  My IE Browser Recognizing as Window instead of Browser. sivakrishna 4 8,680 02-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  Handle start and end of tests fafanoulele 0 2,350 09-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Last Post: fafanoulele