Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to plan execution of QTP scripts
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Can any one Explain me how to plan execution of QTP scripts ?

I have created following scripts / action for the Test cases on Flight Reservation.

1. Sussceefully Login.

2. Create order in Flight reservation.

3. Open and successfully view the created oreder.

4. Verify the Price in Total textbox is 3 times the Price in Price textbox.

5. Verify click on Help open the Help window.

6. Delete the Order and Ensure that flights can be properly deleted from the database.

7.Verify that the correct customer data is shown in the reports.

I have alos created following Folder structure as per Framework structure guide line provide on most of sites.

A) Function Library
B) Object Repository
C) Database
D) Application Scenario Files
E) Initialization VB Script
F) Sequence File
G) Driver Script
H) Test Case List File

Now I want run the Test cases .

Can any one help me how to organize all the test cases, call them , execute as per
the sequence and Report the result.

Can any one guide me to
1. How to create Test List file ?
2. How to arrange it in Sequence file ?
3. How to write Driver script which call all the scripts/Action/Test defined as per Sequence file ?
4.How to drive script based on Y/N flag defined in Test case list file ?

As per my Understanding this is Hybrid Framework. Is this my approcah right as a beginer ?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi,

First you have to create Excel files such as Test plan folder and Test Cases folder.

Then by using XML config file you have to get Paths of Above folder.
create driver script in qtp you can write code for reading the XML config file, then traverse through the excel files created above by checking ""if" condition for status Y/N (you have to write code for reading the XLS as well).
Now Test cases mentioned by you have to called either by call existing action or call to copy of action(as required).

(Do not interfere in test scripts (actions) created, you have to code the driver script such that it will take care of all execution of test scripts)

Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP execution of script on completion of another ragunath 0 1,772 02-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Last Post: ragunath
  Need Excel template for mapping manual scripts to Automation scripts. ACCBAJPA 0 2,830 09-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ACCBAJPA
Exclamation QTP 11 - Object properties are lost after execution of script for Oracle Forms 11 ramapullareddy 0 2,754 12-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ramapullareddy
  QTP execution in remote machine s_mavros 1 4,932 10-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Last Post: DarshanShekdar
  QTP Script Execution Issue joevcos 3 3,640 05-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Anand