Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to run Test Batch Runner from command line
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi

What is the command to run "Test batch runner" from command line?

I want to run .mtb files from command prompt, it is possible?

Thank you,
There is no specific command to run Test Batch Runner. The point is it is possible to run it from the command line. It is an exe named as AQTBatch.exe, so if you to navigate to that path and then you should be able to fire it. it would launch the Test Batch Runner.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks for your reply.
I have tried running AQTBatch.exe from command prompt too, but it launches the Test Batch Runner and I need to add the tests and click "Run" Manually.
Is there any way (in QTP 11.0) to run a set of tests directly from command prompt without manual intervention ?

I tried running
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin>AQTBatch.exe testing.vbs
(where "testing.vbs" contains a list of test cases)
I have also tried giving
C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin>AQTBatch.exe testing.mtb
but it opens a new file in test batch runner, rather than picking up the .mtb file.
Yes. Thats how it is supposed to work, unless somebody else has discovered anything new.

What exactly are you trying to acheive? I mean i can see if there is a different way to acheive your goal.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
I want to know if it is possible to run test scripts in a batch file from command prompt directly, without manual intervension (in QTP 11.0) ?
eg: run <AQTbatch.exe> <filename.mtb>
Here's the command I used to open then run QTP's Test Batch Runner from the command line:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin\AQTBatch.exe" "C:\Users\[You]\Documents\Batches\My Batch Test.mtb" -r

That command will first open the Test Batch Runner program, then open your saved test batch in that same program, then run them. This command can also be run through Window's Task Scheduler.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT Parallel Runner raa 0 1,391 12-24-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: raa
  UFT 12 hangs on a line (.NET forms) sara- 0 2,411 10-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Last Post: sara-
  PDF to text converter needed. (command line version freeware) priyaang 2 2,688 03-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Last Post: priyaang
Exclamation Issue with "Test run scheduler": Unable to clear the scheduler list arunshashidhar.mk 0 2,695 12-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Last Post: arunshashidhar.mk
  TO RUN A BATCH OF SCRIPTs ON QTP nilanjans 2 6,417 01-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Last Post: nilanjans