Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
how to run qtp scripts from QC when VM is minimized
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hi All,

I am executing my QTP scripts through the QC V10 on VM Desktop.
When I run the regression suite through QC and if I minimized the VM Desktop, then the regression get stops.

Can you please tell me /suggest me the work around for this.Its in urgent

Thanks in Advance
Rahul Sharma
You can minimize your VM but you have to make sure that it shouldnt be full screen in order to let scripts keep running.. First resize your vm window to any size except full screen and then minimize, your scripts will keep running.
Hi jay,

I tried with your answer but the script is still getting stuck at a certain point.
i.e. script is getting fail.
Is there any other work around for this?

With Regards
Rahul Sharma
I did not had QC but I tried minimizing the vm and running my scripts...it ran fine... then I ran my scripts again and started the screen saver and my script failed and threw error of not finding the object

so at this point I can think of two things:

1. either your screen saver interrupting the run
2. either your VM getting locked

you need to check on those two points

there can be a work around also...
1. Open the VM and minimize it
2. then remotely login to VM and run your scripts
Thanks Jay and Deepak.

I tried but still I am facing the problem in the VM.
Now, I am trying to prevent my system from auto lock. May be this will helpful for me.

Can you please suggest me any good technique to prevent the system from auto lock.

Thanks again
Rahul Sharma
we have few settings using which we can make from Computer Auto Lock and also auto login which will login automatic. When you run the script machine will be in Logged in state so you should be able to run the scripts without logging to the machine
Rahul,

you can change the value of skipenvironment variable to run your scripts even if your vm is locked. you need to change its value from 0 to 1.
Hi,

Try following.

1. Script for keep PC unlocked and run it in the framework or via VBS in the back ground, this will help you keeping your PC unlocked.
2. Do not minimize the VM this will cause QTP to defocuss on the objects, rather Switch the wiondow that you wish to work on.

Let me know if this helps
You can try unchecking the "On resume password protect" check box.

I also feel that generally companies enforce auto locking of the system. If thats the case then you'll have to figure out a way to keep your system from auto locking
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago Smile 
HI,

I have tried with the desktop properties. I just disable the screen saver of my VM Desktop and now its working fine. Now I am able to prevent my VM from auto locking mode.

Thanks to All Smile
With Regards
RahulSmileSmile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to run the QTP scripts on machine with out QTP is installed? kalyan_srirangam 2 3,328 10-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Last Post: kalyan_srirangam
  how to run QTP scripts from command line prompt? pra6201 1 17,998 01-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  Dialog box error while QTP scripts run from VM Desktop rahuldps 2 4,517 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  How to continue run my QTP scripts after computer reboot? Kevin Tsai 4 4,135 06-13-2011, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Skepsis