Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
loading time for QTP scripts from QC is too long
Not Solved Exclamation 
Hi guys,
I have a misunderstanding, I am running a suite of 100 automated TCs from Quality Center.
The issue I have there is that the tests scripts are loaded into QTP too long before to be run. Sometimes it's getting more time to load the tests than to run them.

The tests are written in descriptive mode, having a framework without any kind of repositories, using functions and classes, an XML config file, without any recorded steps...

It's a clear descriptive mode as I told previously.

Is anybody who knows how to fix this issue?! I really need help on this. Please HELP!

Thanks a lot
Not Solved
We have similar problems. When we load QTP scripts from the repository server (a separate machine on the network), it takes as long as a minute and a half to load a script. We use a lot of functions and global actions and most scripts reference one or sometimes two global repositories.
Not Solved
hey guys... no answers?! Is no one who can help with that?!
Not Solved
We have similar problem but observed calling more actions through Call to Copy of Action or Call to Existing Action, it is taking more time. Without calling actions, it is beding opened pretty much fast.
Not Solved
It appears that QTP loads all the sheets in all of the data tables for actions a test calls. If your test call action "abc", it loads the data sheets from the data table for "abc". We use global actions a lot and I have one test that loads 111 data sheets!!! Another, smaller and more simple test I just looked at has 75 data sheets! These data sheets are all from actions that the test calls, or actions that those actions call.

We have a support contract with a 3rd party and I just sent them an email asking if there was a way around this. It takes quite a while for QTP to load 75 or more data sheets!
Not Solved
hmm. but does anybody knows any solutions?!
Not Solved
guys, what if we store all the *.qfl & *vbs & *.XML files on a local drive and the tests on QC (test director) then run the TCs from TD?! is there anyone who tried this?!
Not Solved
yes, it runs much faster - like x3 times - when all the sources are stored & loaded from the local drives (the prioritized folders are on local)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web page not loading for EBS application when open UFT satyagadam 1 1,620 09-18-2019, 02:30 AM
Last Post: satyagadam
  Loading QRS files at Run time dvkbabu 2 9,825 03-24-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: UrmilaSaha
  Unable to identify chckboxes after long execution mahendra 2 2,275 01-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Last Post: mahendra
  How to pass long string as input to QTP Anjali09 3 4,745 01-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  AOM Script for Loading the Automation script into Quality Center directly vangala srinivas 1 2,901 03-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Last Post: sundari.msls