Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modify meetings in outlook
Not Solved
In ms outlook, I have scheduled meetings. If the meetings are recurring meetings, I need to find a particular instance of the meeting and then modify that certain instance with QTP. Outlook gives you many options for scheduling a recurring meeting (example: the third tuesday of every month for 10 months), however does not give you a list of occurances for the meeting pattern you created. If I know I want to modify the third recurrance (for example) of a certain meeting, there is no way to do this in outlook unless you have the exact date because QTP does not recognize the calender object (usually on the left navagation pane) Is there any function in QTP to track the date with all the complicated options that outlook offers? I don't think the date diff function will do the job. Or does anyone know how to get a list of recurrance dates for a meeting in outlook?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Renee
Not Solved
I Want to automate outlook operations.
Basically it recognizes the QTP objects but with co ordinates.

For example :
For a button object, the click property has coordinates instead of name.
Do I need to change any QTP settings to record the object with the name of the object.

Please let me know.
Not Solved
@Sara0710 - Please donot divert a thread with your new query. post in a thread only if you have any solution for the original query or any relevent question. Please open a new thread for your query.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clicking a link in an outlook email using QTP kirti 0 5,370 06-15-2014, 01:25 AM
Last Post: kirti
  Getting Application Error while launching Outlook yogesh kancherla 3 3,067 10-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Last Post: krr
  Outlook question mv8167 1 3,062 09-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Last Post: freeboynil
  Automating Outlook PrabhatN 14 15,361 09-08-2012, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Jiju8621
  Adding attachment to Outlook Email mv8167 4 5,205 05-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Last Post: mv8167